Saturday, February 13, 2016

Elders of the Eastern Kingdom


I booked a zeppelin ride to Undercity from Ogrmimmar. It might be slower than taking a portal or asking for a teleport from a mage but it’s the most picturesque. The flight across the sea is uneventful. These goblins have been following this path for a very long time and it shows, the whole thing is pretty much routine to them already, if you ignore the shouts between the crew.



You will know that you are close to Tirisfal Glades when you can feel the uneasy feeling of death and decay in the air. This place has been ravaged by the curse of undeath and is now the capital of the Forsaken. The elder here is a dwarf and he stands right at the old throne room of the Kingdom of Lorderon. The same throne where Arthas killed his own father. He might be there to remind us the tragedy that occurred here.



Southeast of the Tirisfal Glades lies Silverpine Forest. This place used to connect Lorderon to Gilneas and Dalaran. Now it is a battleground between 2 curses, the curse of undeath and the curse of the worgen. The Forsaken is waging war against the Gilneans to push away any signs of the Alliance in the area, they have almost full control over the forest with their many camps dotting the area. An elder is resting at a graveyard that is now turned into a Forsaken camp. This actually make sense since the Dark Lady has gained the ability to raise the dead, a graveyard would be the perfect place to raise new warriors to fight for her.



I went northward toward the Plaugelands the once prosperous lands of Lorderon. The elders here prefer to hide away in places that has been reclaimed by the Argent Crusade. Figures, since I think even noble spirits could be corrupted by the sheer malice that emanates from the very ground of this cursed place. One elder seems to have an opposite idea and positioned herself in the entrance of Scholomance, the school of necromancy.







Just because I’m nearby, I visited Silvermoon and saw that even here the druids are spreading the festivities and my people are actually accepting it.



South of the Plaugelands is the Hinterlands. Home of the Wildhammer Clan of Dwarves as well as some trolls. I’ve never explored this part of the world as this is where the presence of the Forsaken has dropped off but the Horde keeps hold of these lands through the trolls.



South of the Hinterlands is the Twilight Highlands. A battle field between Alliance, Horde and the Twilight Hammer clan. This place is also where you can find Grim Batol. The queen of the red dragon flight once was chained here and her whole brood controlled by the orcs during one of their sieges on Azeroth. I found some dwarven elders in the area very near small villages. I guess I should be expecting more since I’m really close to dwarf lands.




I slowly approached Loch Modan as well as Khaz Modan. I’m now on Alliance soil. It feels uneasy being so close to the enemy alone. I do have my demons with me but even they are no match for a whole army. One of the elder is inside Dun Morogh. It took a very fast raven and strong focus to bypass all the guards and reach the elder. Thankfully he doesn’t mind me being here and still gave me his blessing.




Another alliance territory I needed to go was Stormwind and its neighboring Westfall. I did the flyby very quickly. Alliance forces are all over but I was able to meet the elders in the human capital as well as the one in their stronghold in Westfall. I have no information on these human and dwarven lands aside from what I can read up on history books at home but looking at them during this trip made me see how rich these people are when it comes to their food supply and lands. Quel’thalas and Lorderon has little to offer in terms of agriculture since the plague still haunts our lands. Once these thoughts came to me, I can’t help but feel envious of them. I want to stay longer and observe but the guards will surely notice me if I stay here for too long.

Southward from the rich fields of Westfall are the charred lands of the Blackrock Mountain. These lands are now unusable for agriculture due to the destruction caused by the eruption of the volcano. This on the other hand opened up the idea of mining the area indiscriminately.







My next destination is the Blasted Lands, famous for the existence of the Dark Portal. This place holds so much importance to almost everyone in Azeroth. To my people, this is the gateway to the promise of our prince. Azeroth would not be in this state without this doorway to Outland. Now this gate is a doorway to another place and time, Draenor.




The last spot in my tour of the Eastern Kingdoms is the Stranglethorn Vale. This tropical rainforest is beautiful at the same time dangerous due to the many powerful beasts as well as carnivorous plants. A group trolls also lurk in this region that are hostile to both alliance and horde. Zul’Gurub is the capital of these trolls and also where one of the elders is situated. At the far south of the region is Booty Bay. A port town established by the goblins. The last elder of the eastern kingdom is hiding here.





And with this last stop, I should have met all the elders on this side of the world, up next is the frozen north.

No comments:

Post a Comment